Thursday, September 27, 2012

Rum & Reggae.. Baltimore Style

This past weekend I had the opportunity to check out the 2nd Annual Rum & Reggae Festival. It was thrown by Little Havana's restaurant in Baltimore, MD. Little Havana's is a Cuban restaurant that sits on the water in Fells Point. My girlfriend Missy and her fiance are a staple at this place, they told me their jerk pork quesadilla's are a must have. So, I'll definitely be back!



Me and my girlfriends bought our tix online prior to the event which saved us each about $10. Upon arrival, they gave us a card, that states you get a free beer and 6 tastings. As you go around to the different tables they check off your card. If you're feeling extra festive, you have the option of purchasing another card for only $10! We had an absolute blast! They had familiar rums such as Bacardi, Cruzan, Captain Morgan. However, they also had a few rums I've never heard of or don't see often like Brugal, Pymrat and Abuelo. Let's talk Appleton Rum. I went to the table first with just one of my homegirls, while everyone else was in the restaurant eating. Once the rest of the crew came out we all went back to the Appleton table and had shots as a group! Fun, fun, fun! Appleton started with their"youngest" rum which was the Reserve, then the 12 year old and 21 years old... then topped it off with some tasty rum punch!



I must say my favorite rum was Zaya Gran Reserve Rum. Zaya is a 12 year old Estate rum made in Trinidad and Tobago. They gave us a shot first, then they mixed a separate shot with fresh lime juice and ginger beer! OMG, it was delicious! According to their website it's called a Zaya Dark & Stormy. I will personally be picking up a bottle this weekend!





Me and the crew had a grand time. The reggae band was jammin, especially after 6 tastings of rum! They definitely played tunes I was able to grove too! Unfortunately, I didn't get to hit up the "Jerk Shack" . As a matter of fact, I didn't eat at all! I was too busy tastin! Go figure! The festival was just the beginning of great night! Up next.. Wine Tasting!!





No comments:

Post a Comment