Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never Forget... 9/11

I had some time to kill before dinner and I decided to take in the skyline. Hoboken is one of my favorite places, and the parks that anchor the Hudson River are beautiful. Luckily, I happen to stumble upon a 9/11 Memorial. It was a bit surreal. As I sit there enjoying the warm Sun and vibrant skyline, I couldn't help but stare at the 1WTC, previously known as the Freedom Tower. I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday and it's hard to believe that 11yrs have passed. I sat there for about 20 mins and noticed people gathering for a memorial service right there on Pier A Park. The ceremony was beautiful. We stood and said the pledge of allegiance, they had a beautiful choir sing, a statement from our State Senator, the color guard and of course my favorite some handsomely dressed fire fighters! I was so happy to have stumbled upon this wonderful Memorial service on this beautiful day. This is truly one 9/11 anniversary I won't forget! God Bless...


1 comment:

  1. how neat to see such amazing sites on the anniversary. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete