Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summertime: Staycation! Part II

Sorry for the delay! With the holiday and my parents visiting I've been a busy bee!


Coney Island: So my parents came to visit for a few days last week. While they were here I took them to go visit my in-laws. We all agreed that they would come back up in a few weeks and we'd all go to Coney Island in BK. I can't wait! "The historic Coney Island amusement area spans from West 8th to West 24th Street, and from Surf Avenue to the Atlantic Ocean. It includes a three-mile beachfront boardwalk, an aquarium, and KeySpan Park home of the Brooklyn Cyclones and Levy Park and Amphitheater"


Brooklyn Winery: Thanks to Twitter I discovered the Brooklyn Winery.  My sis in-law who's lived in Brooklyn forever, didn't even know there was a winery in BK! They have events such as movie nights every Tuesday with free popcorn, Free Wine tours on Wed., Happy Hours and chill events with live music, etc. This definitely sounds different than any other winery I've ever been to! I plan to visit here very soon and I just can't wait to try ALL of there wines, especially their Rose Merlot and Orange Chardonnay! In addition, they have these Growlers, pictures are worth a thousand words! (see pic below) They also have a small delectable menu. While researching pics for my post I can across a really good blog that explains it to the "T" check it out Untapped New York.
















There are definitely more places I plan to see and visit. Too many to name! When I go I'll be sure to post!!
*Stay tuned for my first Vlog on Thursday*  
 Don't forget to comment and subscribe :) Please and Thank you

1 comment:

  1. Wow I sure would like to visit the winery. Bk seems to have a lot of great things to do.

    ReplyDelete