Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summertime: Staycation! Pt.1


So, now that the Summer has finally arrived there are a ton of things I want to do around the City. I know most people look forward to vacationing and traveling around this time of year, but I plan on having a Staycation! So, I complied a  list of just a few places and venues I want to visit within the next few weeks. Enjoy!



1. Central Park: Ok, so Central Park is huge! I went there for the very first time about 2 years ago and happened to be near the Zoo entrance. I hadn't been to the Zoo in years. It was Spring time, the weather was gorgeous and I must say I had a blast at the Zoo! The 2nd time I went to Central Park was last Summer. I had to meet up with a director regarding shooting a scene for my reel. We met at the Time Warner building which is across the street from a completely different entrance of the Park. All I remember it was near
the Shake Shack! People were out eating lunch, tanning, 
reading and just enjoying the day! That's exactly 
what I plan to do. They also have a ton of events going on at the park. 


2. Statue of Liberty: The last time I went to the Statue of Liberty I was about 10yrs old. I remember vividly because my mom made me wear these god awful green khaki pants. I was probably in tears the entire trip thanks to those pants! I don't necessarily remember the Statue of Liberty, so I have plans to visit again. I went to Liberty State park a few months ago and the view was gorgeous, but it wasn't enough! 


3.Metropolitan Museum of Art & MoMA (Museum of Modern Art) I've never been, but I'm definitely looking forward to visiting both. The Met houses the largest collection of ancient art with more than two million pieces of work. According to MoMA Wikipedia " identified as the most influential museum of modern art in the world".


4. Bergdorf Goodman Restaurant: So, while I can't afford to really shop at Bergdorf, I figured I can get all dolled up and go window shopping! Then elevator up to the 7th floor and partake in a great meal! I would actually love to take my mom here for their "Tea Time". Fancy huh?! We deserve it! I've read great things about this restaurant and I think it's worth it to treat yourself once in a while. It's suppose to be one of the most elegant restaurants in the City and sits discreetly on the 7th floor and has beautiful views. Sounds good to me!




2 comments:

  1. Hey where is part II? The pics r great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! Part II will be up by Wed. and I'll have another new post over the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete