Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ladies Night Out: SEA Meatpacking

So earlier this week Mika and I headed to SEA on Washington Street, in the meatpacking district for dinner. They also have a location in Brooklyn and Vegas. It happened to be the first day of Summer and it was hot as hell, but we had a blast! I honestly didn't get to see much of the restaurant because we ate outside, but from the pictures and video I saw on their Facebook page, the restaurant seems pretty dope. In addition, to the restaurant section, they have two lounges that seem to get pretty poppin in the evening. Review "Sexy..Cool... A charming hot spot in the heart of the meat packing district that has everything you need especially on the weekends when you can have dinner and drinks then venture to the lower lounge or upstairs for dancing or to hang at the bar." I definitely plan on heading back soon. I think this would be a great date location for me and the hubby :)
 

It was a beautiful day, despite the heat! I ended up driving into the City, because I couldn't imagine catching a few trains and walking in that weather. I would've definitely melted! I did some parking research, thanks to Google Maps and the NYC Parking regulation website! Yeah, it's not a game. I refuse to get my car towed again and get anymore parking tickets! SMH! I ended finding great parking, right where I intended to park on Horatio St! No parking between 8am-6pm.. It was almost 8pm, so I was good money! It seemed to be a lot going on down there as usual. They were having some kind of Summer Solstice performance near and a music event at Tenjune. In addition, to people just being out and about at they many restaurants, etc. I tried to be cute and walk along the cobble stone in my heels! However, my heels, coupled with the heat, me trying to be nosey and take pictures were not working! So, I quickly changed into my flip flop until I made it the restaurant!



Mika was already there, by the time I arrived. I snapped a few pics then quickly ordered some water! At this point I was happy I wore my hair in it's natural state, because I could literally feel the sweat streaming down my scalp! Ugg! It was hot, plus I wore jeans which was just all wrong! Anywho... I was in the mood for a martini and thankfully, they had a few to choose from. So, I chose their house special, which was a pomegranate and ginger martini! It was delicious! The menu displayed a lot of classic Thai dishes that were actually pretty inexpensive. I played it safe and got the Pad Thai, with shrimp and chicken. Mika played it healthy and got the steamed shrimp with veggies in garlic sauce. Both looked great and my Pad Thai was delicious! We didn't stay long because on the fly we decided to catch the 9:50pm showing of "Art of Rap" at the Sunshine Cinema.. Which was really good by the way..





Rating: SEA get's an "A" from me, the food and service was great, the menu is inexpensive and the cocktails were were yummy. Will I be going back.. Oh hell yes!  LOL

Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Perfection, now this is Krittie in the big City. Excellent use of photos and I love the ratings!

    ReplyDelete