Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's Been a Min...*Highlights*

Man, have I been slacking on this Blogging shit! So, here are some highlights from the past few months!

  • Completed a 5 week Stanislavski Techniques class at The Performing Arts Training Studio in Washington, DC taught by the fabulous Denise J. Hart. She is a phenomenal teacher. I learned so much and between this class and the Improv intensive I took in Jan. They both have really help me open up my "instrument". 
  • Finished a 3 week Daytime TV On-Camera Intensive given by Casting Director Tori Visgilio at the Actors Connection in NYC. She's the CD for One Life to Live. I was a little hesitant at first, but learned a lot, meant great people in my class and saw myself improve each week. Plus I made a "connection" and plan to send her a postcard every 4-6 weeks per her request to check in! 
  • Random: I absolutely love NYC. It was a little hectic going up and getting back into MD late and
  • I shot a Commercial Print Ad for  the USDA in Feb.! It was very fun! I didn't realize how much acting is involved in commercial print. I was actually the Principal model and had no idea until I got there! Good money, can't wait to get paid! Who knew it took so long to get paid from print work?!
  • Hmm... Let's see what else is brewing. Scheduled to get more headshots and 3/4 shots taken next month. Still contemplating getting some shots taken for a Comp card, but I have to evaluate my "pocket book" before I make that movement.
  • Since both of my class are finished and my new classes at The P.A.T Studio don't start until May, I decided to start submitting for auditions again
  • Updated my NY Castings, Backstage, Youtube and Actors Access(soon) with training info and a performance scene
  • I have an audition this Sat. for a Spec TV Pilot. Very excited about it. Love the characters and the writing is great. 
  • Plan to get postcards and business cards made very shortly. 
  • I also plan on going on a ton of Open Casting Calls within the next few months, mail out photos for Commercial Print representation and just continue to press on!
  • In May, I'll be taking Advanced Contemporary Scene Study, Stanislavski Tech. and maybe Improv II! Woohhooo, I'm gonna be busy! 
  • Ohh and I need to look for a Commercial workshop.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment