Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year's..... Eve..

I figured that I might as well blog on the last day of the year! Sheesh, why not! Unlike the majority of my friends I'm working on this lovely non-holiday, while most people took off, have off...whatever! I'm hatin..hard! I'm at work, but not much is going on here. Hence why I have the opportunity to Blog!

This blog is going to be all over the place, but here goes.. Let's see 2010.. It went by so damn fast, I can't remember specifics! I remember us celebrating New Years Eve at TGI Friday's, last year like it was yesterday. We didn't have any plans and our home girl Weezy was tending bar. So, I went with the Mr. and a few of his friends and we ate, drank, and danced (they had a DJ).... My bestie and a few friends stopped by after church. It was cool in the gang!

How about some highlights of 2010...

1. I went to Vegas (I love that Sin City) with my girls. Good times, we all won money! The money I won practically paid for my portion of the trip!

2. We moved into a new bigger apt! Yay! That was cool!

3. The Mr. started the hiring process for DCFD ( not including standing in line in like 08 to complete the application) #hiringfreeze!

4. All my friends kept their jobs, some quit and got new/better jobs in the recession. God is good!

5. My step-son got most improved in his reading class! He rocks!

6. My God-son was in his first play! I didn't get to be there to see it, but saw pics. He has such a personality!

7. How could I forget this...My aunt, and two of my cousins all had babies a few months a part!

8. My youngest aunt and my cousin Somie got engaged! Love is in the air!

9. My bestie got a new job offer..Her future employer is so exclusive I can't even say their name... FTW!!

10. How could I forget.. I started pursing acting again... got a bomb ass, well respected acting coach, attended some workshops... I'm trying to make it do what it do baby!

11. Got the lead in my first short film, did some background work on feature film, "The Dark Fields". It comes out in the Spring. Maybe I'll be able to catch a glimpse of myself on the big screen!

12. Attended my high school reunion and saw peeps I literally haven't seen since I graduated school H.S in 199.....

13. Last but not least joined Twitter! Well, I may have been a member in 09', but I didn't become an addict until 2010.  It's been amazing! Gotten tons of advice, referrals... Building relationships in 2011 baby!

I know I'm missing some highlights, but hell I'm getting old! As always I know the year was a blast. With the friends, family and Mr. I have, how could it not be! I'm truly blessed indeed. 



Be Blessed, Be Safe and Enjoy the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment