Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Newark Nights...

A few weeks ago I was out and about in the Ironbound section of Newark. As I stated in previous posts this section of Newark is notorious for delicious Portuguese and Spanish food!

Early Dinner at Adega's Grill, 130 Ferry Street  Newark, NJ 07105
Beautiful ambiance, great service and the food... Well see for yourself! I started off dinner with a Cosmopolitan! Hey, it took me almost an hour to get there and find parking because of a Soccer game at a near by Stadium and I only live 10mins way! I needed a drink! We started off with an appetizer Chorizo Españhol. Chorizo is a sausage that has a deep red color from the dried smoked red peppers. It's tasty to say the least. For an entree I had the Bacalhau à Adega Grill...Let me just say I'm a huge fan of Bacalhau, I'm half Puerto Rican and  my grandmother makes  bacalhau all the time and in return I've started making it at home all the time. So, Ijust  had to order it! It's basically Codfish and they prepared it fried, which was different for me. It was blanketed in red sauce with peppers, onions, potatoes, shrimp and Spanish sausage. I mean it was just divine! My Godfather had the Paelha Valenciana, saffron rice and select seasonings with lobster, shrimp, clams, scallops, New Zealand mussels, chicken, Portuguese chorizo sausage and cubes of pork. His entree alone was big enough for the both of us. I was so mad that he couldn't even finish it all and didn't want to wrap it up and take it with him! Adega also has a bar section on the other side, an outdoor sidewalk portion and a lounge area that's opened from 9pm to 3am, just in case you want to get your club on!

                           Later on that night I hit up Manu's Sushi Lounge, 90 Ferry Street, Newark, NJ 07105. 
I heard great things about this place actually from a bartender at a near by restaurant, so I decided to check it out.  I first enjoyed their Ginger Margarita, it was delicious followed by a tuna and salmon roll. The service was pleasing, cozy ambiance and airy decor. An artist by the name of Jack Ribas sung a few soulful tunes accompanied by a guitarist. It was a great night!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment